What is double eyelid surgery?
present doing double eyelid surgery This is the most popular surgery among women. Because it can create beautiful eyelids, round, big, look natural. It also makes makeup easy. Don't worry about eyeshadow hiding in the dark. without having to reconcile with double eyelid stickers anymore which solves the problem in people who have problems with small eyes, drooping eyelids, drooping eyes quite well
Solution for people with small eye problems, ptosis, drooping eyelids, ptosis, making the eyes look small Does not shine, like sad eyes, double eyelid surgery It is an alternative for many people with eye problems. before deciding to choose surgery double eyelid surgery May have to use double eyelid stickers. wear contact lenses to make your eyes look brighter or even writing the tail like a swan's tail makes the eyes look sharper
Double Eyelid Surgery Technique in various ways
Double eyelid laser method
uses a laser called Plexr (plexer). The feature is to use plasma waves to remove the sagging skin around the eyelids. Suitable for those who already have double eyelids but have sagging eyelids, slightly droopy eyelids, and still do not want to have surgery without fear of scars or other side effects Does not harm the tissue or the surrounding area Can be done with all skin types
Plasma power is different from laser power. (Laser energy is high energy, goes deeper, causing scars more easily.) Plasma heats the skin at only about 60 degrees Celsius, but can make the skin that is droopy or not much flabby. and was born as an eye layer
Advantages of laser double eyelid surgery
- I don't want surgery yet. fear of surgery
- Have a congenital disease that prevents surgery
Disadvantages of laser double eyelid surgery
- The limitation is people who have single eyelids and want to have double eyelids. The laser will not work well.
- Compared to double eyelid surgery. Double eyelid surgery will have better and more beautiful results.
Small Incision Technique
In case the patient has not too much eyelid fat and eyelid fat will be able to make an eye with a small incision technique It is a minimally invasive surgery on the eyelid tissue. Makes the swelling after surgery very little. It's a double eyelid surgery. by making an incision on the eyelids of 3-5 mm (depending on the technique of each surgeon)
Advantages of 3-point double eyelid surgery
- Can't see the scars. How to do double eyelids When the wound is well attached, the wound is rarely seen. because the hole is very small
- Double eyelid surgery may be less swollen. (but may not be different from double eyelid surgery, very small incision method in skilled surgeons
Advantages of 3-point double eyelid surgery
- The eyelids fall off easily. (Especially in people with thick, swollen eyelids with a lot of fat)
- I can't make large eyelids much. (Especially in people with thick eyelids)
- After a long time, the double eyelid that I have made gradually shrinks down.
- Remove less fat. In people with a lot of fat on the eyelids Double eyelid surgery does not remove much fat. (compared to tapping)
3-point double eyelid surgery (Suture Technique)
is a double eyelid surgery without incision. will use the suture method on the eyelids by punching holes in the eyelids at 3 points without incision wounds It is one of the most popular double eyelid surgery methods. Suitable for cases with single eyelids The eyelids and fat are not thick. not sagging When you close your eyes, it will be smooth and you will not see the wound. But be careful about the eyelids that may fall off easily. and suturing through the eyelids
Advantages of double eyelid surgery with small incision
- Small scars, easy to heal.
- It takes less time for surgery, less swelling, and faster dissolution (compared to a large incision).
- Suitable for younger people. with not much eyelids The eyelids are not very thick.
- Can make double eyelids and remove fat. More than 3 point stitching
Disadvantages of double eyelid surgery with small incision
- people who have droopy eyelids The eyelids will fall to close after the swelling has subsided, the layer will become smaller, or there will still be drooping eyelids at the corners of the eyes.
- People with very thick eyelids How to do double eyelids The eyelids will look lumpier than usual. Because it is a double eyelid surgery by sewing the upper eyelid higher. without removing excess skin and eyelid tissue
Long incision double eyelid surgery
But it's a long cut. in order to be able to sew the eyelids along the line without cutting off excess eyelids This method has no different results from a small incision, but the incision is longer and the swelling lasts longer.
Advantages of double eyelid surgery with long incision
- Reduce the chance of ptosis more than in small incisions. (But if the eyelids droop a lot, it can't handle it.)
- How to do double eyelids Can remove more fat especially in people with very fat eyelids
Disadvantages of long incision double eyelid surgery
- Swelling is greater compared to smaller incisions, scars are longer.
- Like a disadvantage in the form of a small wound.
double eyelid surgery in conjunction with cutting off excess skin
Advantages of doing double eyelid surgery together with removing excess skin
- Excess eyelid can be removed. It fixes droopy eyelids well. including fat and eyelid muscle in people with thick eyelids
- How to do double eyelids Able to define eye contour shape as needed
- can make double eyelids more visible while still looking natural because there is no need to suture the very large eyelids But cut out the eyelids that cover the eyelids to make the eyelids more visible. This is different from a short incision double eyelid surgery that doesn't cut off the eyelids. resulting in higher eyelid sutures If a person has droopy eyelids Very high eyelid suture will make the eyes drenched The hands do not go up as much as possible. Sometimes, the double eyelids are unnaturally large.
Disadvantages of double eyelid surgery combined with removing excess skin
- Swelling more and longer than other methods.
- The scar runs along the line of the eye. (as in a long wound)
- It takes longer to operate.
Double eyelid surgery in conjunction with canal opening
Eye opening is an eyelid surgery that closes the inner corner of the eye to make the eye area look wider can see the eyelids in the inner corner of the eyes more clearly eye shape looks longer The curvature of the upper eyelid looks more natural. Especially in cases where the eyelids come down to cover the inner corner of the eye. strabismus Opening the eyes will help. But if a person has an open inner corner of the eye, there is no need to open the inner corner of the eye.
Double eyelid surgery and inner corner opening The doctor will consider the necessity and suitability of each person. Not everyone who wants to do double eyelid surgery will also need to open the inner corner of the eye.
Advantages of double eyelid surgery in conjunction with opening the inner corner of the eye
- Eyes are slender and elongated.
- Makes the eyelid visible from the inner corner of the eye. (depending on personal needs)
- In cases where there is a large distance between the eyes Opening the inner corner of the eye will make the inner corner of the eye longer. closer to the nose Can help solve strabismus problems
- In the case that you want big eyelids But the movie with the eyes closed Open-brow surgery will help make the eyelids look more natural.
Disadvantages of double eyelid surgery in conjunction with inner corner opening
- There may be a scar on the inner corner of the eye.
- Beware of excessive opening of the inner corners of the eyes. It may affect the nose surgery in the future.
Double eyelid surgery combined with fat transfer to correct deep eye sockets
will not be able to do ordinary double eyelids After the procedure, there will be no eyelids Deep eyes as before
Double eyelid surgery for people with deep eye sockets The doctor will need to evaluate whether there is a way to correct the eye sockets with different people. which must be considered in detail same deep eye socket Each person is different and the doctor will choose a different method.
Advantages of double eyelid surgery combined with fat removal to correct deep eye sockets
- Fat transferred to fill are fat cells from the patient's own body so there is no allergic reaction no side effects Basil is not a foreign thing.
Disadvantages of double eyelid surgery combined with fat removal to correct deep eye sockets
- Swelling is longer than normal double eyelid surgery.
- Depending on how much fat each person has.
- In cases that have been done before Then the doctor removed a lot of fat. May cause not much fat left to move.
Choosing the right double eyelid surgery method
- Use stitching as a point. by sewing around the eyelids about 2-3 points, which is suitable for those who have problems like using a knife or laser cut But the fat around the eyelids must not be thick or not have sagging eyelids. which has the advantage of being not very swollen and the wound heals quickly The disadvantage is that the silk may come off if you rub your eyes hard. and will not look natural
- Use a knife or laser cut. Suitable for people with single eyelids There are two floors, but not clearly hidden in have uneven eyelids or are not clear or have a lot of fat on the eyelids It is the most popular double eyelid procedure. The doctor will remove the excess eyelids without showing the scars. because the scars are hidden in the eyelids
- Slit the eyes with the inner and outer corners of the eyes open. Suitable for those who have closed eyelids and eyelids. Refers to the skin of the upper eyelid that covers the inner corner of the eye or the outer corner of the eye. thus making the eyes look narrow But you can't just use the incision method to make your eyes look double round. It has to be used in conjunction with eyelid surgery and eyelid surgery as well.
- opening the inner corner of the eye or the outer corner of the eye only Suitable for those who already have the eyelids without incision Just open the inner corner of the eye or the outer corner of the eye is enough.
- Raises the corners of the eyes upwards. The advantage is that it is suitable for those who want to make their face look more sour. It can be done by cutting the eyelids at the same time. with raising the corners of the eyes to suit the face Which will be obliquely beautiful depends on each person's eye socket bone as well
In the case of having double eyelids but deep eye sockets can be corrected by adding fat to the eye sockets And the double eyelid surgery can still be used for about 35 – 45 years.
preparation before surgery double eyelid surgery
double eyelid procedure
How to take care of yourself after double eyelid surgery
Normal symptoms found after the procedure double eyelid surgery
- Symptoms that may be found after surgery Double eyelid surgery is an inability to close the eyes completely. because of swelling and stiffness around the wound therefore making it difficult to sleep which is a symptom that can disappear by itself within 1-2 months
- Swelling after surgery Double eyelid surgery in some people will swell the most in the first week. which depends on individual factors After that, it will gradually Collapsed and swollen until normal
- After double eyelid surgery During the wound healing in the first week A small blister will appear along the suture, similar to an uneven wound. But it's just a normal wound healing process. and this symptom can disappear by itself within 2 weeks
- After working double eyelid surgery There will be bruising around the eyes. And usually occurs only in people with high blood pressure. Excessive bleeding during surgery or after surgery or those who exercise hard or have severe coughing or sneezing which can disappear by itself within 2-3 weeks
6. Double Eyelid Surgery There may be unequal swelling of both eyes. Made in the first postoperative period may still be unable to see what the eyelids will look like Therefore have to wait for the time to enter the place about 4-6 months
7. Feeling unfamiliar with your own face When starting eye makeup 2 weeks after surgery double eyelid surgery The service recipient may feel that their own eyelids look deep. But after about 4 months of surgery, the eyelids will look more natural.
8. I feel that my eyelashes are curled up. and see the edge of the eye more clearly which after surgery Double eyelid surgery takes about 4-6 months to return to normal.
9. Wounds from double eyelid surgery There will be red marks along the wound. and a slight bulge It is a normal wound healing process. During about 1 month, the wound will heal the most. Therefore, there is a slight redness and bulge following the wound. in which the doctor will make an appointment to see whether the healing of the wound after surgery double eyelid surgery Is it in the normal criteria? because of the excessive wound healing It may cause a bulge. or cause keloid scars This can be done with injections or lasers. Helps the bulge to heal faster. But if there are not many embossed marks The wound will be able to heal by itself normally.
11. Blurry symptoms Caused by ointments used in the eyes. Therefore, the amount of wax should be reduced. or caused by dry eye symptoms Especially in today's era where most people tend to suffer from dry eyes. From the use of the eyes a lot in fixing on mobile phones and computer screens, combined with double eyelid surgery makes the eyes more open therefore more sensitive to the wind than usual by cases with dry eye symptoms The doctor will arrange artificial tears for you. to alleviate symptoms These symptoms will disappear on their own within 2 months, so the service recipient should reduce the use of eyesight in the first period and avoid being exposed to wind and sunlight. by wearing glasses when going out outdoors every time
12. The eyelids have not folded along the tracks. It may be due to lack of eye contact. Because I'm used to when I have single eyelids Or don't dare to open your eyes a lot for fear that the wound will split or embossed lines obstructing the folds of the eyelids thus causing the eyelid fold to not match the mark which the doctor will advise you to practice opening your eyes to the fullest symptoms will disappear when the eyelids are in place The eyelid will be a beautiful crease as desired.
How to clean the wound after double eyelid surgery
- Before cleaning the surgical wound double eyelid surgery must be sure Our hands are clean first.
- During cleaning the wound from Double Eyelid Surgery Try not to touch the cotton!! hold the rod to prevent exposure to germs
- Try to get the coagulated blood out of the wound. Otherwise the wound will not dry completely. and the risk of infection later
- Don't use cotton swabs too sparingly. because of the postoperative wound double eyelid surgery must be cleaned well Otherwise, the wound may be unattractive or may become infected due to improper cleaning of the wound.
- After double eyelid surgery, applying ointments is something that must be done, but if applying a lot, the wound must be cleaned until you are confident that the wound is clean as well.