Check it out. Is thyroid abnormal? Thyroid patients may experience thinning or obesity, swelling, goiter or bulging eyes, which can occur. If there is an abnormal thyroid function, both hyperthyroid (thyroid gland produces too many hormones) and hypothyroid (thyroid gland is under-functioning) will have different symptoms.
Thyroid examination details
There are 5 thyroid function tests listed as follows:
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- Triiodotyronine levels (Free T3)
- Tyroxine level check (Free T4)
- Triiodothyronine (T3) levels were detected.
- Thyroxine (T4) levels
What kind of symptoms indicate thyroid dysfunction?
Feeling exhausted, not active That’s because the heart is motivated to work hard. From thyroid dysfunction, palpitations and sweating are easy. High blood pressure is also associated with it.
Insomnia due to thyroid dysfunction, which secretes too many hormones. Affects stimulation. The central nervous system and interfere with our rest, so it can cause a feeling of lethargy all the time, not refreshing.
easy diarrhea, The excretory system is not normal because the thyroid gland also contributes to the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. May cause more frequent stools. In hypothyroidism, constipation occurs.
The eyes are more bulging than usual due to the enlargement of the tissue behind the eye due to thyroid poisoning.
Easily obese or easily thin when the thyroid gland malfunctions in a way that secretes a lot of hormones. Stimulates the metabolic system to be too diligent. In hypothyroidism, a sharp decrease in body weight is observed. Low-functioning thyroids are easily weight gained due to lower metabolism.
Hair and skin loss, dry skin, low thyroid function can affect metabolic function, resulting in less sweating and more dry skin.
How do you know “thyroid disorders”?
Measure thyroid hormone content The amount of thyroid hormones T3 and T4 in the blood whether it is malfunctioning or not. If it is not normal, it translates into the presence of symptoms of thyroid disease.
Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH) is a measure of the amount of pituitary hormone, which is responsible for regulating thyroid function.
Thyroid antibody content measurement
Once you know that thyroid disorders are abnormal, what should I do?
During the treatment, the patient must take the medication regularly and strictly to make it easier to control. Not taking the drug continuously will make thyroid symptoms more severe and difficult to control.
Treatment with iodine ingestion, which is mainly considered selectively in older patients with mild or recurring symptoms. After the treatment with the administration of the drug.
Surgical treatment This approach, the doctor will consider the choice as the final step. In patients with very severe symptoms and enlarged thyroid gland size, hypersensitivity to oral medications used for treatment, or adverse effects on the hematopoietic system and blood vessels.
Why is the thyroid gland important?
The thyroid gland is the largest endocrine gland in the body. It weighs about 15-20 grams. Slightly lower than the millet. 1 gland on each side, with a deep red tint in the pool. The thyroid gland is usually slightly larger than the thumb of the owner of the gland. It is responsible for producing the hormone thyroxine, which causes metabolic movements (Matabolism), which is to convert food in the body into energy to help prevent mental retardation in children and cretinism. Not active. Low metabolic rates make them fat and sluggish, but if there is too much, there is an easy state of panic. Abnormally fast heartbeat and thin body shape
- The service duration is approximately 30 minutes, depending on the number of subscribers.
- The waiting period for the test results is approximately 1-3 days, the results will be issued first, according to the email address provided.
- Foreigners can receive the service by having their passports included.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking medications or supplements, as certain medications and supplements may affect thyroid function levels.
Who is suitable for this service?
- People with a history of having previously had a blood test and experienced thyroid hormone disorders.
- People with a history of treating thyroid diseases such as thyroid surgery, iodine swallowing, etc.
- People with a family history of thyroid disease
- People with type 1 diabetes
- People with infertility
- People with goiter or palpation come across a lump in the neck.
- Those who have lost weight or gained 3 kg without cause within a period of 1 month
General information about thyroid examinations
The thyroid gland is an endocrine gland located in front of the larynx, responsible for producing and secreting thyroid hormones into the bloodstream to send them to various organs to help the body function normally. Under the control of the pituitary gland, thyroid hormone ⠀ is important for stimulating the functioning of organs throughout the body, especially the heart and brain, as well as regulating cellular metabolism. Blood lipid levels, digestive system, body temperature If the thyroid gland is abnormal, it affects various systems . Screening assesses the functioning and potential abnormalities of the thyroid gland by taking a blood test to see the levels of thyroid hormones, which consist of 3 hormones that control each other to keep hormones at normal levels, namely:
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- Triiodothyronine (Free T3) hormone
- Thyroxine (Thyroxine: Free T4)
In addition, screening, if thyroid ultrasound is included, it will help to analyze thyroid abnormalities more clearly. Diseases caused by thyroid dysfunction Thyroid diseases are more common in women than men.
- Hyperthyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid gland is overworked. This causes thyroid hormone poisoning. The body burns abnormally much, causing a sharp weight loss. Abnormally fast heartbeat, palpitations, easy sweating, easy heat, and tantrums.
- Hypothyroidism, a condition in which the thyroid gland produces fewer thyroid hormones than usual, usually occurs after thyroid surgery or by swallowing iodine. This results in feeling sluggish, short of breath, slow thinking, slow speech, chilling, and weight gain.
- Thyroiditis is divided into two types: subacute inflammation and chronic inflammation. By subacute type Caused by a viral infection or enlarged thyroid disease. This causes pain when palpating at the lump. Chronic type section It is caused by impairment of the immune system. Usually have a big neck, but you don’t feel any pain.
- Thyroid nodule is when the thyroid gland grows in size, but hormone production is still normal, with both a single thyroid gland and multiple enlarged thyroid glands, both of which can result in cancer.
- Thyroid cancer is both mild and curable and very severe that can cause death within a short period of time.
- Generally, thyroid hormone tests may examine all three hormones simultaneously or only preliminary TSH first, at the discretion of the physician and the patient’s condition.
- Thyroid hormone testing should be checked when there are symptoms of hyperhyrosis or low thyroid hormones. From certain conditions that cause the functioning of the thyroid gland to change.
- There is no evidence to support that thyroid screening in people with no abnormal symptoms or risk will.
- It’s more useful than not checking.
- Get to know Mesenkym stem cells (MSCs) help to restore youthfulness.
- Beautiful skin with vitamin D
- Injection of face filler answer Say good-bye to your old face.
- Vitamin Drip injection, clear skin, white skin, smooth skin, instantaneous
Contact Siam Clinic Phuket
- Contact us at Siam Clinic 1st Floor, Big C Phuket
- Telephone : 088-488-6718 and 093-692-5999
- Email :[email protected]
- Facebook inbox :https://m.me/siamclinic.phuket
- Instagram :https://www.instagram.com/siamclinic
- Line@ : @siamclinic or addhttps://lin.ee/uny1D7n
- Youtube :Siam Clinic Siam Clinic Phuket Beauty Clinic – YouTube